Ground Enhancement Material (GEM) is a superior conductive material that solves your toughest grounding problems. It is the ideal material to use in areas of poor conductivity, such as rocky ground, mountain tops and sandy soil. GEM dramatically reduces earth resistance and impedance measurements. Furthermore, GEM may reduce the size of the grounding system where conventional methods are unsatisfactory. Once installed, GEM is maintenance-free, not requiring periodic charging or the presence of water to maintain its conductivity. Third-party testing has been completed to verify that GEM conforms to IEC® 62561-7. This standard introduces a benchmark for electrical performance and corrosion of earth enhancement materials that has been absent from the industry to date. nVent ERICO offers GEM Calculator software that provides resistivity values for common GEM applications and can help estimate the amount of GEM required for an installation. It operates in four languages – English, Spanish, French and German – and performs calculations in Imperial or Metric units. The GEM Calculator is available for download on our website at erico.com.
FEATURES of GEM Ground Enhancement Material
- Maintains constant resistance for the life of the system once in its set form
- Performs in all soil conditions even during dry spells
- Does not require periodic charging treatments or placement
- Does not require the continuous presence of water to maintain its conductivity
- Fully sets within 3 days, fully cures within 28 days
- Does not dissolve, decompose, or leach out with time
- Reduces vandalism and theft since conductors are hard to remove from concrete
- Easy-to-handle 25 lb (11.3kg) bags or buckets
- Requires only one person to install
- Exceeds IEC® 62561-7 which sets the benchmark for corrosion, leaching, sulfur content, and other environmental regulations
- Complies to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP), EPA test method 1311
- Can be installed using trench or ground rod backfill methods
There are no reviews yet.